"No human, nor any living thing, survives long under the eternal sky. The most beautiful women, the most learned men, even Mohammed, who heard Allah's voice, all did wither and die. All is temporary. The sky outlives everything. Even suffering." - Bowa Johar, Balti poet.

23 February 2011

I GOT THE JOB!

I am officially working full time (seasonally) as a Visitor Services Associate at the Denver Botanic Gardens! This is amazing news for me. It is a great first step for me in this town into the non-profit world here in Denver, it is seasonal with a possibility for permanent or recommendations to other non-profits within Denver itself, and due to it being seasonal, I can keep looking around for something when the end of summer hits. It is just nice to know that after 27 plus months, I will be making money again to pay of debt and to build up a life again here in the USA. Readjusting has had its difficult moments, but I am feeling pretty good about life, my future plans, and what living in Denver will bring these next 10 months. I miss Morocco more than words can describe, but I know that I will return soon, hopefully before graduate school begins to see my family who I talk to once a month on skype and dear friends back in Skoura and Kehmisset. I feel blessed at this moment in my life. I have finished my life changing Peace Corps experience, I have seen over 8 countries while in service and afterwards, saw a little bit of my own home country, found a new place to call home, and got a job and apartment within the first week of living in my new city.
Here is the link to check out where I will be working starting Feb. 25, 2010:
http://www.botanicgardens.org/

No comments: