"No human, nor any living thing, survives long under the eternal sky. The most beautiful women, the most learned men, even Mohammed, who heard Allah's voice, all did wither and die. All is temporary. The sky outlives everything. Even suffering." - Bowa Johar, Balti poet.

22 February 2011

Mile High City Time


Denver was my couple day pit stop before heading back to Michigan to drop off some luggage and head east for Christmas. I got to spend some much need quality time with my favorite Denver people, Melissa and Matt. They hosted me a night before they headed off on their fun weekend in Vaile and then I spent the rest of my time with my friend, Craig, from Grand Rapids and got to enjoy sushi, good company, and a Christmas party along with a viewing of a classic movie with the Peanuts Gang!

By staying a few days in Denver, it reminded me how much I love this town, the people in it, and the weather. It was sunny and in the 50’s in mid December. The cost of living is cheap and there is so much art and culture out here that I can not stop walking around this town and enjoying what I keep finding around every corner. It is going to be hard to leave Denver, but I sorely miss Michigan and my family. I cannot wait to see my hometown! Michigan here I come.

No comments: