"No human, nor any living thing, survives long under the eternal sky. The most beautiful women, the most learned men, even Mohammed, who heard Allah's voice, all did wither and die. All is temporary. The sky outlives everything. Even suffering." - Bowa Johar, Balti poet.

22 February 2011

On American Soil! November 26, 2010


After my long 23-hour flight, I landed in LAX and passed out to catch up on some much needed sleep. When I woke up, I realized that I was really in sunny California with my two awesome aunts Joan and Shirley ☺ We hung out for a whole week together checking out the California coast, The Getty, along with eating some yummy food and getting a little primp with hair and nails. Humdullah!


I got to also spend a day with my dear friend, Naomi and catch up with her and what she was doing now that she just moved in California. Once I sadly bid farewell to my aunts, I headed up north to Santa Rosa to spend some much needed quality time with one of my favorite people, Mr. Myhkeal! He showed me around where the famous Peanuts animator lived including a much-needed wine tasting adventure ☺ it was amazing!

Once I had my fill of Santa Rosa, I got on the next boat to the Golden Gate City where my old Quizno’s buddy, Amanda C now lives. She was such a great host! She showed me everything from the Golden Gate Bridge to the best place in town for pizza to the coolest little museum of vintage old games! It was so delightful! I got to meet her future husband and hear about their plans for their up and coming wedding. I am very excited for the two of them.

It has always been a dream of mine to check out the northern part of California and I was able to do so in good ole San Fran ☺ Maybe next visit I will try to get further north and check out those massive red woods, but not in late November early December weather. Too cold! Before heading to Portland, California has gotten me a little more up to date in the world via new phone, clothes, FOOD I have missed for two years, and catching up with old friends.

No comments: